Monday, December 22, 2008

What I did today

I'm doing a piano recital in a couple months. I have this skirt that I've never worn:



But I don't really have a top to wear with it. My roommate's grandma is a seamstress and I've asked her to make me a recital top. Here's what I bought today for that...the material is sparkly, I don't know how well that comes across in the picture.



I ordered this pattern online yesterday:



Here's what the material looks like with the skirt:



I also bought these two pieces of fleece to make a tie-blanket to keep me warm and to brighten up my living room by hanging on the back of the blue couch when it's not in use



This evening was Andy's choir concert. He's the one in the black shirt and white tie.
Here are the guys singing:



Chamber Choir





Incidentally, the girl sitting on the front row in the pink coat is one of my best friends from high school, Melody.
It was so weird to sit in the audience and not sing or play the piano! lol

2 comments:

The J's said...

Looks like it will be a very pretty outfit! Relyssa's been doing a bit of sewing...made herself some pj pants in school...now she's making Mark a pair. (NOT matching....her's are PINK :)

Heather said...

ugh, pink...lol
my pj pants are red
in fact, i have a lot of red (and black) clothing
i wear red and black together a lot, and mom gets tired of it :P

yeah, i'm looking forward to getting the top made. looking at patterns and fabric is kinda making me want to sew more...shopping is really annoying, because it's so hard to find decent clothing for a decent price!