Friday, December 19, 2008

16 things you never knew about me

I just posted this as a note on good ol' Facebook, and decided I should put it up on here too. Enjoy learning some random things about me :)

1. When playing the piano, my mind is rarely on what I’m playing. For example…earlier this afternoon while practicing my recital pieces, I was thinking about my 16 things to put in this note. This is why memorizing is so hard for me.

2. I have read too many Harlequin romances in my life, and at present can hardly stomach the thought of reading another one.

3. If you really wanted to know, I could tell you what boy(s) I liked/crushed on each year of elementary school.

4. When I was young, the way my parents grounded me was by taking away my reading privileges.

5. I have never had a boyfriend.

6. Some days, I have absolutely no idea why I’m a piano major…

7. I think I would be perfectly happy as a stay-at-home-mom. Alas, the economy doesn’t look like it will allow for that. Besides, I’m single.

8. Probably 95% or more of the guys I’ve ever liked/crushed on/been interested in/however you want to say it have had brown hair.

9. I’d like to have 4 children, but I have no idea what I’ll name them. Probably something fairly traditional.

10. I love amusement park rides!

11. The only thing that kept me from switching to a voice major instead of piano at the beginning of this year was knowing that that would mean opera-land for me. Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy watching/listening to opera…I just don’t want to be involved. My schedule is already crazy enough.

12. This semester, I discovered that a good outlet for stress/excess emotion is to clean. I’m not a “neat freak,” but I do hate having a dirty apartment.

13. I grew up without a TV, and will never have one of my own.

14. Give me a book…a stack of books…a whole library…and I’ll be good for life.

15. I had my wisdom teeth out a few days ago, and am having a hard time understanding why people are treating me like I’m recovering from a life-threatening illness. I’ve had minimal pain (pretty much zip) and am leading a normal life, including eating what I want, singing, going out of the house, arguing with my brother, etc.

16. Christmas is a mix of Catholic and pagan traditions, and since I am neither Catholic nor pagan, I see no reason for me to celebrate it. Therefore, I don’t. (That doesn’t mean I don’t believe in Christ.)

- thought I would tag on that last bit for my school friends/acquaintences, since in high school a girl immediately jumped from "Heather doesn't celebrate Christmas" to "Heather doesn't believe in Christ."

No comments: