Wednesday, February 4, 2009

French braid


I've always struggled with French braiding my own hair. My hair is so fine and silky that it takes a long time and my arms get tired long before I get it done. I was talking about that with Amanda (one of my apartment-mates) last night, and she said that for her, it's a lot easier to the inverted French braid than the regular. So I tried that this morning, and sure enough, it was quick, easy, and painless! I was pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out.

5 comments:

The J's said...

Very cute! It took me years before I learned how to french braid my own hair. In fact I think my older girls learned to do their own before I could do it on myself!

Lynisha Weeda said...

Looks very nice! I learned to french braid when I was 12 by mirroring my older sister when she was french braiding her hair, and I'm glad I learned then because it's so much easier to learn young!
I don't french braid my hair much at all because it doesn't stay in and my hair is so thin that all I have is a wimpy little tail!

Heather said...

Thanks! My mom can't french braid her own hair, so I've just figured out how to do it from knowing how to braid someone else's hair. Thinking about it backwards makes it interesting!

@Nish--the tail of my braid is pretty wimpy too, so I usually double it up and then you can't see it :)

Jim Weeda said...

I hate the french! LOL

Heather said...

lol

oh, jim :P