Thursday, June 12, 2008

Quotes

My thoughts are too jumbled right now for them to make sense to anyone, so I thought I'd put some quotes on here that have meant something to me lately.

"One of the hardest things to hear and take heed to is something you don't want to hear about someone who means something to you."--Aunt Fern said this to me over MSN earlier tonight, encouraging me to be cautious and to pray.

"A womans heart should be so lost in God that a man should seek God to find her (and vice-versa)."--this was said at Antioch last week. I've seen similar quotes before, but it means more to me now...after seeing a cousin get married, and my own recent experiences.

"We may not be able to control our thoughts all the time, but we can control whether they stay there or not."--I got this one from a friend's notes from a convention I wasn't at. So true! and something I need reminded of every day.

"Let your conscience be your guide."--this comes from Jiminy Cricket, something else I need to remember.

Various hymns have been on my mind:

"Lord Jesus, teach me how to choose--a thousand choices bar my way; I see in each a destiny, so help me wisely choose, I pray....Lord Jesus, teach me how to choose; talk Thou with me these choices o'er. Then let me choose as I would choose when time and seasons are no more."--this was on my mind and heart throughout the past semester of college, and came back to me this evening.

"When flesh would rise like giants in their strength, defying truth and boasting at great length, destroying faith, discouraging the heart, defend Thine own, draw near and take our part....When Satan, whisp'ring with his subtle voice, tempts us to be untrue to heaven's choice, grant us the wisdom to avoid his snares; help us to know our heav'nly Father cares."--the last hymn we sang in the potato shed Saturday night at Antioch, Aunt Fern reminded me of a phrase of it tonight.

"I am trusting Thee, Lord Jesus, trusting only Thee! Trusting Thee for full salvation, great and free."--this has gone over and over in my mind since Saturday night of Antioch, and has been the cry of my heart. Oh, for full willingness, obedience, and trust in God! He knows the future, and I have no idea what's going on. The present is hard enough for me to understand, I'm content to leave the future to Him.

6 comments:

Lynisha Weeda said...

Hey Heather! Great to see you blogging too along with the rest of us crazies who seem to have nothing else to do!

Heather said...

Haha I decided it would be a great way to keep up with you guys :P And a way to keep me out of trouble ;)

Diane T. said...

We were not surprised that Summer made her choice. She has been talking about it. It was good to get a visit little visit with you at convention.

The J's said...

Hi! Glad you joined us bloggers!
It was fun getting to know you a bit at convention too, I like your list of quotes, and really liked #3. That is such a good guideline! A long time ago I started telling my kids that they need to let God help them find the "right one", and this just sums the whole thing up well! The hymn you listed goes right along with it :*)

Jim Weeda said...

Welcome aboard! :) Glad to see that my wife posted on your blog and not mine! LOL

Heather said...

Haha