Monday, March 23, 2009

Getting Practiced Up

So I have three apartment-mates...the two who aren't my roommates tend to leave dishes sitting out for a week at a time and leave piles of books and papers in the living room. Earlier in the semester I was getting extremely annoyed, but I've decided it's not worth the energy. Instead, I'll just clean up after them so I can have the clean apartment I want. It'll be good practice for when I have kids! lol

Here's what the kitchen looks like when I get done with it...


Dishes clean and put away, and no extra stuff sitting around!

It doesn't stay that way for long, unfortunately...

Oh well! It's practice! (That's what I keep telling myself...)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so right about cleaning up after kids! At least you can start traing kids when they're young. AND they are your kids, not someone else's.

The J's said...

O.K....I can't believe I did that. Relyssa just got a google acct. and was still signed in. That was me up there, NOT her!

Heather said...

haha! :D

Yeah...except right now, I'm cleaning up after someone else's kids...and they're only a year younger than me... :P

Oh well, by the time I have my own kids, I ought to have a lot of patience stored up, and a lot of practice biting my tongue!!

Anonymous said...

Good attitude! I hope you can keep it. I never had roommates, before getting married and having kids, so I don't know what that feels like. Glad you can see the benefits without begrudging their lack of order.

Heather said...

It's definitely a challenge to look on the bright side and keep a good attitude! I'm trying though!

Laura Jelinek said...

You should put up the sign that we had at preps at few years ago!
"This is a self cleaning kitchen, Clean up after yourself!"